While The Thoresen Group’s research focuses on treatment protocols for neonates with hypoxic-ischaemic injury, individual group members are also active within other branches of medicine, and in other disciplines.
- TV 2 nyheter/innenriks/vart-lille-land – Lille Tobias er i ferd med å dø – da gjorde lege Marianne noe ingen hadde gjort før.
- REF 2014 Impact case studies.
- TV 2 Nyheter – Her kjøles den nyfødte jenta ned til 33,5 grader. TV 2 Nyheter – Norwegian news story about therapeutic cooling treatment being given to a Hypoxic Ischaemic neonate in a Norwegian hospital.
- TV 2 Nyheter – Hun står bak metoden som redder tusenvis av barn fra hjerneskade – Follow-up interview with Professor Marianne Thoresen after the above news story, presenting her role in developing the treatment protocol.
- TV 2 – God Morgen Norge – Intervju om nedkjøling av nyfødte – Norwegian morning show follow-up interview with Professor Marianne Thoresen after the above news stories.
- TV 2 Nyhetskanalen – Intervju om nedkjøling av nyfødte – Norwegian news channel show follow-up interview with Professor Marianne Thoresen after the above news stories. [Begins at 35:15 into the video]
- Forskningsdagene 2014 – Kald hjelp til små hjerner (document page 29) – PhD fellows Mari Falck and Tommy Wood participated with a stand at this yearly event in Oslo, where scientists present their work to a broad audience, Geared towards children in particular.
- TV 2 Nyhetene – Professor: – Xenon kan være livsfarlig – Television interview by Professor Marianne Thoresen discussing the alleged use by athletes of Xenon gas inhalation as a performance-enhancing drug.
- The Times – Life-saving idea had cool reception – Coverage of the Queen’s Anniversary Prizes award to Marianne Thoresen for her cooling research.
- Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening – Livreddende nyfødtbehandling ga kongelig pris – Coverage of Professor Marianne Thoresen’s receipt of The Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher Education, for her neonatal care research.
- Royal award to Professor Thoresen.
- The Daily Express – Baby given gas therapy in ambulance – Describes the first usage of a portable device for administering Xenon to hypoxic-ischemic neonates during transfers between hospitals, developed in cooperation with the Thoresen Group.
- The Times – Britain’s top 100 children’s doctors, December 15, 2012
- BBC Two – Horizon: Back from the Dead – Documentary presenting therapeutic hypothermia treatments and the people and research behind it.
- BBC News – First baby given xenon gas to prevent brain injury – Coverage of the first case of a baby treated with Xenon in combination with therapeutic hypothermia.